Warning: The application will end up running as a high privilege account, which has security and user experience implications.
To run any application after the installation is complete,
- Right-click on your setup project, click on Custom Actions.
- Then right-click on Commit, Add Custom Action, and choose the file you would like to run. (Note that it has to be in your application folder already, which shouldn’t be a problem in your case since you are running your program anyway.
- Simply choose the output of your project.
- Then, click on this added .exe, and change InstallerClass to false. This is crucial because it will look for an installer program otherwise.
- You could even pass parameters to your .exe by adding them to the Arguments property