Yes, if you know the format and with little plsql.
Let’s say you have the date in format
create function test_date(d varchar2) return varchar2 is v_date date; begin select to_date(d,'yyyy-mon-dd hh24:mi:ss') into v_date from dual; return 'Valid'; exception when others then return 'Invalid'; end;
Now you can:
select your_date_col, test_date(your_date_col) from your_table;
- How are dates stored in Oracle?
- Using date in a check constraint, Oracle
- Formatting DATE in oracle
- Convert epoch to date in sqlplus / Oracle
- Oracle: how to add minutes to a timestamp?
- ORA-01830: date format picture ends before converting entire input string / Select sum where date query
- Is java.sql.Timestamp timezone specific?
- Calculate difference between 2 date / times in Oracle SQL
- How to put more than 1000 values into an Oracle IN clause [duplicate]
- ORA-30926: unable to get a stable set of rows in the source tables
- Can you SELECT everything, but 1 or 2 fields, without writer’s cramp?
- List of foreign keys and the tables they reference in Oracle DB
- ORA-12505, TNS:listener does not currently know of SID given in connect descriptor
- oracle convert unix epoch time to date
- how to export data from log table to email body in oracle
- What is the dual table in Oracle?
- How to handle Day Light Saving in Oracle database
- Fetch Oracle table type from stored procedure using JDBC
- “Safe” TO_NUMBER()
- Passing an array of data as an input parameter to an Oracle procedure
- Can We use threading in PL/SQL?
- No more data to read from socket error
- How to generate entire DDL of an Oracle schema (scriptable)?
- Oracle: Import CSV file
- Oracle PL/SQL – Raise User-Defined Exception With Custom SQLERRM
- Boolean Field in Oracle
- ORA-01017 Invalid Username/Password when connecting to 11g database from 9i client
- Oracle PL/SQL – How to create a simple array variable?
- Oracle insert if not exists statement
- Oracle: How to find out if there is a transaction pending?
- How to find out when an Oracle table was updated the last time
- Auto-increment in Oracle without using a trigger
- Using the “IN” clause with a comma delimited string from the output of a replace() function in Oracle SQL
- Deploying and Configuring ODP.NET to work without installation with Entity Framework
- Spring Batch ORA-08177: can’t serialize access for this transaction when running single job, SERIALIZED isolation level
- ORA-06508: PL/SQL: could not find program unit being called
- Using Alias in query resulting in “command not properly ended”
- How to generate an entity-relationship (ER) diagram using Oracle SQL Developer
- PL/SQL print out ref cursor returned by a stored procedure
- Create Pivot view in SQL from a SQL table
- ORA-01461: can bind a LONG value only for insert into a LONG column-Occurs when querying
- Faster alternative in Oracle to SELECT COUNT(*) FROM sometable
- Find out the history of SQL queries
- Does Oracle support full text search?
- How to create and use temporary table in oracle stored procedure?
- SQL*Plus how to accept text variable from prompt?
- How to drop multiple interval partitions based on date?
- Why are Oracle table/column/index names limited to 30 characters?
- What is the difference between precision and scale?
- Declaring a variable and setting its value from a SELECT query in Oracle