The advantages are that you can use functions like
nvarchar(max) and you cannot do that against
text. It is also easier to work with
text where you had to use
ntext, etc., are being deprecated (http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms187993.aspx)
- What are the main performance differences between varchar and nvarchar SQL Server data types?
- SQL Server query to find all permissions/access for all users in a database
- What is the maximum characters for the NVARCHAR(MAX)? [duplicate]
- How to create the linked server for SQL Server 2008 where we have the database from 2000 and 2005
- SQL Server sp_msforeachtable usage to select only those tables which meet some condition
- Is it possible to force row level locking in SQL Server?
- Why use the INCLUDE clause when creating an index?
- Regular Expressions in SQL Server servers?
- SQL Server GUID sort algorithm. Why?
- SQL Server recursive query
- What happens to the primary key Id when it goes over the limit?
- How to split a comma-separated value to columns
- How do I fix the error ‘Named Pipes Provider, error 40 – Could not open a connection to’ SQL Server’?
- Understanding PIVOT function in T-SQL
- Does T-SQL have an aggregate function to concatenate strings? [duplicate]
- SQL Server Text type vs. varchar data type [closed]
- Querying data by joining two tables in two database on different servers
- SET versus SELECT when assigning variables?
- Errors: “INSERT EXEC statement cannot be nested.” and “Cannot use the ROLLBACK statement within an INSERT-EXEC statement.” How to solve this?
- sql query to return differences between two tables
- Infinite loop CTE with OPTION (maxrecursion 0)
- How to change identity column values programmatically?
- SQL Server add auto increment primary key to existing table
- Retrieve column definition for stored procedure result set
- Why is it considered bad practice to use cursors in SQL Server?
- Concatenate values based on ID
- How to set a default value for an existing column
- Atomic UPSERT in SQL Server 2005
- For Nvarchar(Max) I am only getting 4000 characters in TSQL?
- How do you kill all current connections to a SQL Server 2005 database?
- SQL Query to find the last day of the month
- How to add Active Directory user group as login in SQL Server
- INSERT INTO vs SELECT INTO
- Real life example, when to use OUTER / CROSS APPLY in SQL
- SQL Server 2008 Empty String vs. Space
- Query times out when executed from web, but super-fast when executed from SSMS
- How to drop column with constraint?
- How to find SQL Server running port?
- How to determine total number of open/active connections in ms sql server 2005
- SQL Server: combining multiple rows into one row
- When must we use NVARCHAR/NCHAR instead of VARCHAR/CHAR in SQL Server?
- How to convert datetime in Persian in SQL Server
- How to add xml encoding to xml Output in SQL Server
- How do I find a stored procedure containing ?
- How to: Create trigger for auto update modified date with SQL Server 2008
- SQL Server error on update command – “A severe error occurred on the current command”
- Unable to begin a distributed transaction
- Should every User Table have a Clustered Index?
- SQL Server, the misleading XLOCK & optimizations
- Unable to login to SQL Server + SQL Server Authentication + Error: 18456