How do I access Chrome’s spell-check suggestions for a misspelled word?
To the best of my knowledge, you cannot. To answer more fully, I’ll also mention related issues:
- There was once an unofficial Google spell-check API that has disappeared
- You can download but not access Chrome’s built in dictionary
- There is no open API for Google’s dictionary
Is there an event associated with this?
No, nor does the
contextmenu event provide anything useful for this purpose: it has no spell-check information and you cannot read the list of context menu items (which may contain spelling suggestions). The
change event also doesn’t provide spell-check information.
You can either code this yourself or use a third party library. There are other Stack Overflow questions on this topic or you can search for yourself. Related Stack Overflow questions include:
- Add spell check to my website
- Need Client side spell checker for DIV