Ten years later, with Java 9, finally there is a builtin way to move files to the Trash Bin
public boolean moveToTrash(File file)
Moves the specified file to the trash.
file – the file
returns true if successfully moved the file to the trash.
The availability of this feature for the underlying platform can be tested with
- Assigning variables with dynamic names in Java
- File to byte in Java
- display Java.util.Date in a specific format
- Difference between volatile and synchronized in Java
- Why should the interface for a Java class be preferred?
- Does GC release back memory to OS?
- How to count the number of occurrences of an element in a List
- Java 8: Difference between two LocalDateTime in multiple units
- How to print a float with 2 decimal places in Java?
- String.replaceAll single backslashes with double backslashes
- Getting the text that follows after the regex match
- JFreeChart scaling of Boxplots with several Categories
- How to detect a loop in a linked list?
- How to return 2 values from a Java method?
- What is the difference between List and ArrayList? [duplicate]
- How to remove line breaks from a file in Java?
- Android download binary file problems
- Java leaking this in constructor [duplicate]
- Encoding conversion in java
- Smoothing a jagged path
- length and length() in Java
- How to remove duplicate white spaces in string using Java?
- Immutable vs Unmodifiable collection [duplicate]
- The type FluentWait is not generic; it cannot be parameterized with arguments error for FluentWait Class through Selenium and Java
- What is the purpose of defining a package in a Java file? [closed]
- How do you tell if a checkbox is selected in Selenium for Java?
- How to convert List to Json in Java
- Spring Data: Override save method
- Setting default values to null fields when mapping with Jackson
- Create custom annotation for Lombok
- What causes imported Maven project in Eclipse to use Java 1.5 instead of Java 1.6 by default and how can I ensure it doesn’t?
- How do I tell Spring Boot which main class to use for the executable jar?
- How to get the path of src/test/resources directory in JUnit?
- Python: How can I execute a jar file through a python script
- Java: difference between strong/soft/weak/phantom reference
- Maven “build path specifies execution environment J2SE-1.5”, even though I changed it to 1.7
- How to compare two dates along with time in java
- What are the advantages of Enhanced for loop and Iterator in Java?
- why byte += 1 compile but byte = byte + 1 not?
- Hiding certain methods from other packages
- Create a string with n characters
- Can I have macros in Java source files
- Accessing resource files from external modules
- How can I add a JTextField to a JFrame’s MenuBar?
- Clear console screen in Java [duplicate]
- What is the benefit of polymorphism using Collection interface to create ArrayList object?
- In Spring MVC, how can I set the mime type header when using @ResponseBody
- How MVC work with java swing GUI
- What strategy do you use for package naming in Java projects and why? [closed]
- Java – Order of Operations – Using Two Assignment Operators in a Single Line