Find JDK Installation Directory
First you need to know the installation path for the Java Development Kit.
Open the default installation path for the JDK:
There should be a subdirectory like:
Note: one has only to put the path to the jdk without /bin in the end (as suggested on a lot of places). e.g. C:\Java\jdk1.8.0_172 and NOT C:\Java\jdk1.8.0_172\bin !
Set the JAVA_HOME Variable
Once you have the JDK installation path:
- Right-click the My Computer icon on your desktop and select Properties.
- Click the Advanced tab, then click the Environment Variables button.
- Under System Variables, click New.
- Enter the variable name as JAVA_HOME.
- Enter the variable value as the installation path for the Java Development Kit.
- Click OK.
- Click Apply Changes.
Note: You might need to restart Windows
The complete article is here, on my blog: Setting JAVA_HOME Variable in Windows.