From v0.24.0 onwards, you can merge on DataFrame and Series as long as the Series is named.
df.merge(s.rename('new'), left_index=True, right_index=True) # If series is already named, # df.merge(s, left_index=True, right_index=True)
Nowadays, you can simply convert the Series to a DataFrame with to_frame(). So (if joining on index):
df.merge(s.to_frame(), left_index=True, right_index=True)
- How to deal with SettingWithCopyWarning in Pandas
- Binning a column with Python Pandas
- UnicodeDecodeError when reading CSV file in Pandas with Python
- Pretty-print an entire Pandas Series / DataFrame
- how to sort pandas dataframe from one column
- Python: pandas merge multiple dataframes
- How to convert index of a pandas dataframe into a column
- Can pandas automatically read dates from a CSV file?
- Pandas dataframe get first row of each group
- Is there a way in Pandas to use previous row value in dataframe.apply when previous value is also calculated in the apply?
- Convert unix time to readable date in pandas dataframe
- Pandas – Slice large dataframe into chunks
- Normalize columns of pandas data frame
- Calculate average of every x rows in a table and create new table
- How to check if any value is NaN in a Pandas DataFrame
- How to calculate mean values grouped on another column in Pandas
- Conditionally fill column values based on another columns value in pandas
- How do I transpose dataframe in pandas without index?
- Get the name of a pandas DataFrame
- set difference for pandas
- Replace all occurrences of a string in a pandas dataframe (Python)
- Rolling Mean on pandas on a specific column
- Python – How to convert JSON File to Dataframe
- Use groupby in Pandas to count things in one column in comparison to another
- How to check if a column exists in Pandas
- Pandas dataframe fillna() only some columns in place
- Conditionally format Python pandas cell
- Strip / trim all strings of a dataframe
- How to flatten a pandas dataframe with some columns as json?
- How do I get the row count of a Pandas DataFrame?
- Combining two Series into a DataFrame in pandas
- Lookup Values by Corresponding Column Header in Pandas 1.2.0 or newer
- Replace invalid values with None in Pandas DataFrame
- Pandas groupby.size vs series.value_counts vs collections.Counter with multiple series
- Lambda including if…elif…else
- How to efficiently assign unique ID to individuals with multiple entries based on name in very large df
- Create new column based on values from other columns / apply a function of multiple columns, row-wise in Pandas
- Cumsum as a new column in an existing Pandas dataframe
- How to get/set a pandas index column title or name?
- Python: Removing Rows on Count condition
- how do I calculate a rolling idxmax
- Pandas query function not working with spaces in column names
- Select row by max value in group in a pandas dataframe
- Pandas dataframe – running sum with reset
- Python Pandas – Merge based on substring in string
- How to plot two columns of a pandas data frame using points
- Mapping ranges of values in pandas dataframe [duplicate]
- Loading multiple csv files of a folder into one dataframe
- Using replace efficiently in pandas
- Difference between groupby and pivot_table for pandas dataframes