In CPython, at least, files are closed when the file object is deallocated. See the
file_dealloc function in
Objects/fileobject.c in the CPython source. Dealloc methods are sort-of like
__del__ for C types, except without some of the problems inherent to
- Is explicitly closing files important?
- How to delete every reference of an object in Python?
- Python del statement
- How to read a file line-by-line into a list?
- How do I check whether a file exists without exceptions?
- How to delete a specific line in a file?
- How to search and replace text in a file?
- How to move a file in Python?
- How to read specific lines from a file (by line number)?
- How to modify a text file?
- Iterating on a file doesn’t work the second time
- Loading and parsing a JSON file with multiple JSON objects
- How to upload file with python requests?
- How to read a (static) file from inside a Python package?
- Delete an element from a dictionary
- How to open a file for both reading and writing?
- How to read numbers from file in Python?
- Basic http file downloading and saving to disk in python?
- Python convert csv to xlsx
- Why am I getting a FileNotFoundError?
- How do I append to a file?
- Skip first couple of lines while reading lines in Python file
- What is the most efficient way to get first and last line of a text file?
- Using MultipartPostHandler to POST form-data with Python
- What is the best way to open a file for exclusive access in Python?
- Check if a file is not open nor being used by another process
- Seeking from end of file throwing unsupported exception
- Finding duplicate files and removing them
- Compare two files report difference in python
- Python: read all text file lines in loop
- python – Read file from and to specific lines of text
- Open files in ‘rt’ and ‘wt’ modes
- Easiest way to persist a data structure to a file in python?
- see if two files have the same content in python [duplicate]
- What is the idiomatic way to iterate over a binary file?
- whitespaces in the path of windows filepath
- Remove very last character in file
- How do I move a file in Python?
- “TypeError: a bytes-like object is required, not ‘str'” when handling file content in Python 3
- Is there a need to close files that have no reference to them?
- Fastest way to process a large file?
- Mixing files and loops
- Fastest way to write huge data in file
- Read from File, or STDIN
- Get Line Number of certain phrase in file Python
- Python attributeError on __del__
- Writing to a new file if it doesn’t exist, and appending to a file if it does
- How to read the last line of a file in Python? [duplicate]
- python write string directly to tarfile
- Do files get closed during an exception exit?