Now, unless you’re trying to write C++ code using Python syntax, what would you need overloading for?
I think it’s exactly opposite. Overloading is only necessary to make strongly-typed languages act more like Python. In Python you have keyword argument, and you have
See for example: What is a clean, Pythonic way to have multiple constructors in Python?
- Threading pool similar to the multiprocessing Pool?
- Python function overloading
- How do I use method overloading in Python?
- Why does defining __getitem__ on a class make it iterable in python?
- overload print python
- Overloaded functions in Python
- How to properly overload the __add__ method?
- How to call a property of the base class if this property is being overwritten in the derived class?
- how to “reimport” module to python then code be changed after import
- Using str.replace in a for loop
- Accessing dict keys like an attribute?
- How do I call a parent class’s method from a child class in Python?
- How to use the pass statement
- How do I correctly clean up a Python object?
- How to clear the interpreter console?
- C function called from Python via ctypes returns incorrect value
- How to properly ignore exceptions
- How to get a random number between a float range?
- Safe method to get value of nested dictionary
- pandas DataFrame: replace nan values with average of columns
- Convert unix time to readable date in pandas dataframe
- Python read from subprocess stdout and stderr separately while preserving order
- Duplicate log output when using Python logging module
- Add list to set?
- Use pandas.shift() within a group
- How to use `cv2.findContours` in different OpenCV versions?
- memoization library for python 2.7
- Execute terminal command from python in new terminal window?
- Get name of current script in Python
- Python: How to remove empty lists from a list? [duplicate]
- Changing the tick frequency on the x or y axis
- Comprehension on a nested iterables?
- How do I get the number of elements in a list (length of a list) in Python?
- Sum array by number in numpy
- N-D version of itertools.combinations in numpy
- Where do I define the domain to be used by url_for() in Flask?
- printing a two dimensional array in python
- Understanding the set() function
- How to calculate difference between two dates in weeks in python
- Remove unnecessary whitespace from Jinja rendered template
- Getting a default value on index out of range in Python [duplicate]
- Is there a way to do more work after a return statement?
- In Pandas how do I convert a string of date strings to datetime objects and put them in a DataFrame?
- Reading from CSVs in Python repeatedly?
- Dictionary vs Object – which is more efficient and why?
- pandas.read_csv FileNotFoundError: File b’\xe2\x80\xaa’ despite correct path
- Playing mp3 file through microphone with python
- Access request in django custom template tags
- Dropping Root Permissions In Python
- ValueError: insecure string pickle